Thursday, July 31, 2014

'Hello, is this 'Israel' calling ?" My article in Al Jazeera English Website

This article of mine was published in Al Jazeera English website : To read the full article, click on the link :


http://m.aljazeera.com/story/2014729713266939


Some parts of the article :


"What hurts me the most is that Gaza's story is always told in terms of numbers: "50 people died, 100 buildings were destroyed". These people had names, stories, dreams, families, ambitions, futures and most importantly - history. These buildings were people's homes, they were places of safety and security, of hard work and relaxation, of memories and family histories."


                                      *************************


"Hours passed and I was moving from one memory to another. Which item should I take, or in other words, which memory in this house is more important than the other? Which part of ziad, of my soul, should I take?"

                                     **************************


"They say that a person's life passes in front of his eyes when he is about to die. It was different for me. My whole life passed in front of my eyes while I was standing in front of a ringing phone. Is it the call? Is it our turn? "


                                    **************************


"It has been the fate of Palestinians in the past 66 years to evacuate their homes constantly, leaving behind their property, their land, their history. Will Shujayea people ever be able to go back to their homes? Or will they be left with only memories of what they called home?"


                                   **************************



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your humanity, you give us our own!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Palestinian/ Freelance writer, translator and Trainer./ I believe that writing is therapy and that is why I write./ 26 years old.
Designed ByBlogger Templates